The POP (Protect Our Planet) Movement is designed to mobilize young people worldwide to take collective action needed to mitigate climate change and adapt to those impacts, which are now inevitable. By building a network of schools, universities and youth organizations that incorporate sustainability in their principles and everyday actions, the POP Movement intends to reach the size, scale, and momentum of becoming a global movement.
Key goals of the POP Movement
• Mobilize Young People to Protect Our Planet by linking youth associations, organizations, schools, universities and most importantly each young individual worldwide
• Promote Collective Action, especially among youth, to implement solutions needed to mitigate Climate Change
• Recognize and Reward Youth-Led Actions, Exemplary Initiatives, and Success Stories through national and international events
• Open opportunities for the Business Community to expand its leadership in solving the climate problem by involving them in the process of green innovation
What we do?
1. Dissemination of evidence-based knowledge to empower youth to lead societies towards a low carbon and climate resilient future
2. Encouraging school & university campuses and young people to achieve a reduction in their greenhouse gas emissions by:
• Assisting school managements
• Encouraging students
3. Facilitate young people to demand action from policymakers to make mitigation of GHG emissions and environmental protection a key priority